AFTER ALL OUR HARD WORK AT COLEGRAVE, WE HAVE BEEN AWARDED THE WELLBEING AWARD 2021-2024
In June 2019, Colegrave Primary School made a commitment to the Wellbeing Award (provided by Optimus Education) and have been using a framework for reviewing our current provision in relation to mental health and emotional wellbeing. We were expected to demonstrate our commitment to the following:
- promoting mental health as a part of everyday life
- improving the emotional wellbeing of our students and staff
- ensuring mental health problems were identified early and appropriate support provided
- offering provision and interventions that matched the needs of students and staff
- raising awareness of the importance of mental health awareness
Throughout the year, the wellbeing-evaluation survey was given to all members of our school community with the aim of receiving as many views as possible on this subject. All of the responses from children, staff and parents/carers were collated and digitally summarised for us. These were then used to help us formulate a meaningful Action Plan to improve the way that we promoted and protected the emotional wellbeing and mental health of everyone.
We regularly keep everyone informed of our progress via regular inserts in the school newsletter, Parent Mail, on the website and on social media. Children are also kept informed through assemblies, and special mental health awareness events.
Thank you to all the staff at Colegrave, our committed and supportive parents and carers, and more importantly, our incredible, amazing, talented and outstanding children.
Assistant head teacher